Le Choux Cheats

OKAAAY i cheated.
there.
Instead of making profiteroles from scratch, I actually bought it ready made.
I mean, come on.. It's there, round, hollow in the inside and perfect and I just want to squeeze stuff in it and dip it in chocolate.
I promise I'll make it up to this blog someday, not just profiteroles, but an actual CROQUEMBOUCHE!!
If you don't know Croquembouche, I love you, because then my post would be somehow useful. :D
haha.!
Let me some it up with A picture... 




No I did not make it, and yes those are choux pastries (or profiteroles) or most Indonesians would be more familiar with the name 'kue soes', stacked, glued together with caramel, swirled with caramel strands, shaped into a giant cone, and adorned with real flowers.

The above photo is what we call, Croquembouch ( comes from the French words croque en bouche meaning 'crunch in the mouth'), a tradition of centre-piece made out of choux pastries traditionally served in weddings, baptism, or first communions.  

What I made instead tho, is a simpler (and cheated) version of that.

Ready-made Choux pastries from Titan baking shop filled with freshly whipped cream (at least I worked up my Mixer's whizz with this task. tsk), and dipped it in melted dark cooking-chocolate.
My brother's diabetese Mother-in-law kind of shot me a dirty look after I served her a plateful of this.
I guess that means at least it looks good, no?

:p

Comments

Popular Posts