Haagen-Dazs, Grand Indonesia

My last experience with the American ice cream brand is well over 10 years ago. At that time, the menu was a lot different (despite the classics), and there wasn’t as many of their shops all around town.  They even had one called Ketan Cooler (!) which my Dad loved so much. Probably the only kind of ice cream that he liked, as it involved black glutinuous rice with 2 scoop of vanilla ice cream, and (I THINK) some sort of coconut milk themed sauce. (to not to say sweet santan sauce). So this time, I revisited the freebie.
Here’s what we ordered:

2 Scoops of Ice Cream with Crepe, Caramel Sauce and Sliced Fruits
So I have been comparing crepes all over town (the proper one), so I wanted to find out what’s Haagen-Dazs’, supposedly an expert in desserts, version is like. So I took the Create option of mixing 2 scoops of ice cream (Raspberry Sorbet and Strawberry Cheesecake) with some crepe, sliced fruits and caramel sauce.

Raspberry Sorbet, Strawberry Ice Cream with Crepe and Caramel Sauce



all the above plus fruit

 Verdict: crepe was horribly thin and hard. We had it at the shop in Grand Indonesia, so I’m not sure would it be the same in other shops, but for Rp. 68,000 per portion I would not gamble with this crap. Pun intended. Portion sucks too.


Waffle Wonder
Vanilla,Strawberry, Chocolate and Mango & Passion Fruit ice cream, waffle, pancake syrup and chocolate sauce. Rp. 68,000,-


The waffle is oh so heavenly warm and fluffy. So I don't know what's the deal with their crepe?!! 

Banana Split
and Chocolate ice cream served with caramel banana, strawberries. (duh) Rp. 68,000,-


So I wrongly concluded caramel banana was Caramelized banana. which in fact was a divided banana with some caramel sauce. It's just OK. But then again it's banana split, our mistake really.


Nothing's left behind!
Total Damage, 250k plus. Something I would not ever pay with my own money, really.  But this visit still proves that everything that comes with Haagen-Dazs ice cream tastes so much better. 




Comments

Popular Posts