My Bali Favourites: Tutmak Warung Kopi, Ubud

My friend who was living in Bali at that time, Danang recommended me this place. He also rented me a motorcycle and provided me a thorough explanation of how to get from Legian to Gianyar and later to Ubud by motorcycle, but that's for another time, another post. He said this was one of his favourite places that fare better than the more famous ones that can be a little bit overrated and sometimes overpriced.

Located in the quiet street of Jl. Dewi Sita, the restaurant was already pretty busy at around 6 pm, at least more than other places around it. The place was quite big, with an elevated floor and lounge area. Like most places in Bali, all the seating are semi-outdoor and no AC is needed thanks to Ubud's super nice temperature. 



 After being seated, we looked through the menu and found a wide selection of food, from breakfast, lunch, dinner, to desserts, all with prices that look reasonable. We started off with ordering Fresh Vietnamese Spring Roll (Rp. 28,000), which was quite large and would pass for an entree if you feel like it. We ordered the chicken-filled one, but there were also vegetarian and shrimp filling option. 

Vietnamese Spring Roll, Rp. 28,000

What I find most interesting, and wished applied in more restaurants in Indonesia, is how little they charge for water, just Rp. 1,500 for unlimited water, and Rp. 2000 to fill your water bottle! 

My middle eastern plate came with the whole kitchen; babaganoush, couscous, tabouli, falafel, salad, with pita bread and yoghurt sauce on the side. Really refreshing and definitely filling, especially the nicely seasoned falafel. As a big fan of this chickpea fried things, I always order it when it's in the menu, and properly cooked ones always make my day. My husband's rather seemingly plain selection of dinner was pretty good too, with real bacon and all. 

Middle Eastern Plate, Rp. 58,000
BLT Sandwich, Rp. 60,000 

After finishing our meals, we decided that we still had a little room for some sweet baked goods such as their apparently signature cinnamon roll (Rp. 20,000), which was humongous and awesome, especially with a tall glass of iced latte on the side.

Cinnamon Roll, Rp. 20,000 with Iced Cafe Latte,  Rp. 21,000 

 Although I vow to try new places every time I go somewhere not for the first time, Tutmak is definitely on my list of favourite places in Ubud. 

Address:
Jl. Dewi Sita (next to the football field) 
Ubud, Bali - Indonesia 

Telephone:  (0361) 975754 



Comments

Popular Posts